Thursday, January 26, 2012

R.I.P. Dick Tufeld aka B9, the Robot from 'Lost In Space'

He was the man who provided the helpful, baritone-staccato voice that faithfully warned Will Robinson of danger & traded insults with that lame-ass Dr. Smith. Dick passed away a few days ago at the age of 85.
Image from the blog Big Cartoon News
He narrated some of our favorite cartoons & TV shows over the years. Just look at this resume! What a great voice!

When I was a kid & watching Lost In Space in syndication, I wished I had a robot like Robot. I came close in the 90s: I found some sound wavs Dick Tufeld had done as B9 to be used as audio "events" for PCs. It was awesome.

Thanks for the memories, Richard Norton Tufeld.

Previously:
The Sleestak Hunter Gallery Presents: Lust In Space

No comments:

Post a Comment