Friday, January 20, 2012

Misty (and silent), Water Colored Memories Of The Way We Was

So, the topic of KOFY's TV20 Dance Party came up over at Uptown Almanac.

I was on the show back in 1983.  Here's some video. Sort of.

PLEASE NOTE: THE FUCKING AUDIO WAS REMOVED BECAUSE IT WASN'T AUTHORIZED BY THE WMG.

So, in essence, you're about to see a silent movie made 29 years ago. It's like that recent movie The Artist. But, without, y'know, artistic integrity.

You'll recognize me right away right towards the beginning of this clip; I'm dancing like a dink and doing the "white man's overbite" (it's a dance move). I'm wearing a hat.

But, if you can hang in there until the about the 6:00 mark (just use the slider-thingy, you know how this works) you'll get a real "treat". My good buddy Lance and I perform what we naively called "comedy".
Lance and I won, like, $1000 for our school's drama club with that nonsense. And yes, we stole the name for our "group" from an SCTV sketch.

I have to admit, though- it was a lot of fun! Thanks to Lisa for saving the video all these years. And to Lance for getting it on YouTube. And thanks, WMG, for silencing my memories, you jerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment