Saturday, July 16, 2011

The INSIDE OUT Art Project Makes the Scene In the Inner Sunset

A few days back, this caught my eye as I gazed out the window of the N Judah on my way to work...
9th Ave & Irving, SF, CA, 7/15/11
I'm pretty sure the M-thing wasn't part of the original picture...
The link listed in the bottom right corner didn't really work. But, it did lead to the INSIDE OUT art project.
...a large-scale participatory art project that transforms messages of personal identity into pieces of artistic work. Upload a portrait. Receive a poster. Paste it for the world to see.
You can send pics of you pasting said poster for the world to see to the website as well.

It's the brainchild of JR, this year's winner of the TED Prize.

Someone uploaded a pic of this lil tyke to the INSIDE OUT website; Got a poster made; And then pasted it on the wall near the N Judah stop on 9th Ave & Irving.

And then someone added a weird M tattoo. (a dick move, I think. But, I'm an old fuddy-duddy).

I hope, in my own small way, I'm contributing to the global audience.

Previously:
Later, this was still M.I.A.
This is why I always try to have my camera handy...

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this idea! And I agree with you about the graffito (yes, that is the singular form). Thanks for posting, bb!

    ReplyDelete